January 5, 2011

New Happenings

A lot has been happening with little posts around here! Recently I have been trying to spend less money and make more in my sewing room. I love going in to stores, getting ideas from merchandise and then trying to recreate that product. My weakness is Anthropology and recently I saw some fabric necklaces there. So below is a picture of what I created. They were made with voile fabric and glass beads. Easy and quick to make


Below is what I have been most excited about! At the end of last year I was asked to sew a raincoat from Amy Butler's pattern with laminated fabric for Sew News magazine. It was a challenging project but I was determined to get through it. Usually you send in the sewn garment and they produce their own photography, but since my brother is a photographer I decided to take my own pictures. They must have liked our photography because they are showing a 'sneak peek' for the upcoming issue with our submitted photos! So my brother's photography is in the magazine and my friend Haley is the model! It could not be more exciting. So watch out for the next issue because the entire article will be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment